Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Every United Fan Must Go To Old Trafford!

I WENT TO OLD TRAFFORD TODAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Actually, we went to Salford Quays today. Just in case you thought it is pronounced as Sell-Ford, its more like Saw-Ford, the 'L' is silent). The Quays is boring. Jie, Salford Quays is super boring, nothing to shop, nothing much to see, maybe save for Old Trafford, which is far far away.
Okay, lets see.. what shall i say, Salford quays is mainly made up of 2 main buildings, one called the Lowry, which is an art museum cum theaterette. the art museum is where the painter called Lowry donated a lot of his paintings to the museum. His forte is to paint people, not portraits, but more like people doing stuffs (i.e. going to work, walking around etc). in short, the art museum is pretty boring save for a few paintings that were really nice.

The other building is called the outlet mall. No one shops there. its quite dead. I asked raymond the other day cos he came first whether it was crowded.. he said "damn not crowded".. haha. I finally understood what he meant. There really wasn't anyone much around. I saw Molten Brown. Jie asked me to look for some stoopid hand wash or lotion which costs a bomb. Currently, they are having a promotion the hand wash and lotion. 2 bottles for 30.55 pounds. So i asked the lady if they sold it separately, she said, "no we are having a promotion now, and its going for 30.55 for 2 bottles. Normally, if you buy them separately, it costs 14 pounds each." Now simple math says that 2 times 14 pounds mean 28 pounds, SO WHY IS IT A PROMOTION TO HAVE IT AT 30.55????!!!! I rolled my eyes and i think she took it to mean that I'm not buying. Duh im not buying. Another interesting thing was their foodcourts. Wenqi was so excited to see a foodcourt, so we went, and surprise! A foodcourt just meant Subway + Burger King + other fast food outlets. Erm.. kinda dumb right? Like singapore is so cool, we have a BK anywhere, everywhere, they have to set up a foodcourt to sell BK and subway?

Now to the fun part. I went to Old Trafford today! I saw the tribute for the 50th Anniversary of the Munich disaster. I saw quite a bit of stuff. actually we werent planning on going today cos there is the manchester stadium and museum tour on the 24th, but we thought we might as well go see since we were so nearby. Old Trafford is really nice. I took quite a bit of pictures but it can't exactly describe the feeling to actually BE THERE. Wenqi was crazy trying to take pictures with every Ronaldo poster they had there.

Okay, i'm tired and there's school tmr, so here are the pictures:



Our Tram Ride there... first time on the manchester trams..



This picture is actually the tallest building we have in Manchester, its the Hilton Hotel and apartments, I blogged earlier about it. whats funny is actually what we heard a young boy on the tram telling his younger brother. "...this is the highest something something of the something." . . . . . . .



A shot from the tram station at G-Mex



This is part of the Quays. The water is so clear. Look at the symmetry in the reflections.



They look almost like one building don't they?



Background is one of the famous bridges at the quays. Can't really rem the name i think its Lowry Bridge.



Wenqi at Quay West. There are 4 parts, North South East and West...



Foodcourts. I think Singapore's foodcourts are so much better. I miss Char Kway Teow.



Thats me trying to take a stoopid pose.



thats me trying to take another silly pose



OLD TRAFFORD! The famous Sir Matt Busby Way...




The main entrance of Old Trafford with the tribute hung.



Directly opposite the main entrance lies many flowers and scarfs of fans who were paying tribute to those who died in the Munich Air diasaster of 1958.




We love United, we do. We Love United, we do. We love United, we do... OHHHH United we love you!




Wenqi and Ronaldo (1)



Wenqi and Ronaldo (2)



Wenqi and her beanie. Oh, what was funny was when we went to liverpool, she walked into a liverpool store, she saw the liverpool scarf, and she said, oh so nice!! Then she said loudly in the shop, I think i'm gonna get a United Scarf!



Wenqi and ROnaldo (3)



The Busby Babes and the 1968 European Cup. Maybe some of you don't appreciate this picture so much, but its okay, Real united fans understand... right darren?



Munich Tunnel. Don't know if this part is new, but it had lots of stuff about the Munich Disaster. Really nice.



Oh didn't mention abt this place we went. quite boring. Maybe cos we were too tired by then



Inside the War Museum.



We took some funny lift that was damn scary cos it was damn high and we walked on some hanging platform.



Skyline of Manchester



Same as above.



To Old Trafford you must go



Us. Really tired at the end of the day.

No comments: